Accountant, Programmes Officer (Legal), Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ), a Non-Government and non-profit organization based in Benin City, Edo State with Advocacy Office in Abuja seeks to strengthen our management team by engaging the services of an Accountant, a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as well as a Programme Officer (Legal). All three positions are based in our head office in Benin City but with possibility of extensive travels.
We are looking for a qualified Accountant to prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data in order to provide quantitative information on performance and financial position of our organization.
- Manage accounting operations that would be assigned to him/her based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- prepare tax returns for government, and ensure all accounting books are kept up to date etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Proven experience as an accountant in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- First degree or its equivalent in Accounting
- ICAN or related professional qualifications is preferred
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
We need the services of a seasoned Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our management team
Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation policy for the organization;
Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures;
Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output/outcomes;
Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
Develop monitoring and impact indicator/ tools for the success of our projects;
Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
Monitor the sustainability of the all projects’ results;
Provide feedback to the Management on projects’ strategies and activities;
Suggest strategies to the Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of all projects by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Management;
Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system and develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for new projects;
Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Teams;
Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
Assist in coordinating across the available components of all projects to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
Assist the programme and Communications personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
•At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
•Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
•Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
•Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
•Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Programme Officer (Legal)
A lawyer with strong background in civil society work is needed to boost our anti-corruption and asset recovery campaigns.
- With strong management skills and democracy/governance experience, to assist in overseeing implementation of democracy support programs.
- Candidate should be able to develop/implement work plans, write reports, carry out monitoring and evaluation, and ensure adherence to financial regulations and transactions and represent the organization at public events.
- File cases on behalf of ANEEJ and represent ANEEJ in all legal matters, where and when necessary.
- With a good LL.B/B.L degrees, and at least a 5-year post-call experience
- In addition, ability to develop and implement work plans, write reports and possess very good written English and communication skills and great creativity.
- Deep knowledge of anti-corruption and asset recovery issues in Nigeria and globally will be added advantage.
The salary attached to all three positions is as obtained in the industry but negotiable. Extensive travel is involved.
Method of Application
Applications for all positions which should be sent online along with detailed resume should be addressed to the Head of Finance and Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks from the date of this advert.
ANEEJ will sign a two-year employment contract in the first instance with successful candidates, to be renewed subject to proficiency. Only candidates with requisite qualifications and skills would be contacted for interview.