The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ), a Non-Government and non-profit organization based in Benin City, Edo State with Advocacy Office in Abuja seeks to strengthen our management team under its Transparency and Accountability in the return and Management of looted Assets Project being supported by British Department for International Development (DFID) under the Anti-Corruption in Nigeria (ACORN) project by engaging the services of a Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will be based in our head office in Benin City but with possibility of extensive travels.
The Finance Manager will prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data in order to provide quantitative information on performance and financial position of our organization.
- Manage accounting operations that would be assigned to him/her based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- prepare tax returns for government, and ensure all accounting books are kept up to date etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Check financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Prepare all accounting books and documents of ANEEJ for both internal and external audits
- Ensure the enforcement of all internal control instruments the organization.
- Carry out all other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned to you by the CEO from time to time.
- Proven experience as an accountant in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Accounting in an NGO setting is compulsory
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- First degree or its equivalent in Accounting
- ICAN or related professional qualifications is preferred
The salary attached to both positions is as obtained in the development sector but negotiable. Extensive travel is involved.
Method of Application
Applications which should be sent online along with detailed resume should be addressed to the Head of Administration: email@example.com not later than two weeks from the date of this advert.
ANEEJ will sign One -year employment contract in the first instance, and renewable for another one year with successful candidates, subject to proficiency. Only candidates with requisite qualifications and skills would be contacted for interview.