VACANCY – ANEEJ CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ), a Non-Government and non-profit organization based in Benin City, Edo State with Advocacy Office in Abuja seeks the services of a Communications Officer to strengthen its pool of Programme Staff. The Communications Officer will be based in our head office in Benin City but with possibility of extensive travels.
The Communications Officer shall be responsible for the followings:
- Coordinating and managing the development and production of communications materials for all development initiatives. In this capacity, the Communication Officer will work closely with institution’s senior management and with unit heads in developing communications materials, proposals, and presentations materials.
- Be on top of information flow in the public domain both locally and internationally and respond promptly on behalf of ANEEJ.
- Oversee and write or edit development documents including: fundraising proposals, publications; communications materials, such as press releases, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
- Interview key program staff and manage the generation of documentation of opportunities and challenges related to institution-wide advancement priorities.
- Oversee and write speeches and develop advancement position papers for senior management.
- Oversee production from draft creation through distribution of ANEEJ publications. Execute, supervise or manage elements including: article/topic selection, research, contract writing/editing, vendor deliverables — from page proofs and blue lines to mail house operations. The Communications Officer participates in working groups to plan, coordinate and execute original communications products and publications related to special events and programs.
- Develop content for information brochures; reviews and edits drafts of correspondence, reports, and brochures for mass distribution; draft articles and reports on the status of major initiatives for distribution to members of the public and special interest groups.
- Edit and prepare manuscripts on two levels: (1) copy editing (employing skills that assure consistency and accuracy within a manuscript regarding grammar, punctuation, syntax, and acceptable institution style); and (2) substantive editing, requiring critical sense and intuitive evaluation of factual accuracy and consistency of information – chronology of events, overall consistency of subject matter; verification of facts, rearrangement or deletion of material, analysis of data, and evaluation of documentation as to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Regularly feed the ICT unit with materials for ANEEJ website, facebook and twitter accounts. You are also to supervise the photographic and audio-visual units to ensure that their works which involve story lines and captions are properly edited before being finalised or uploaded into the internet.
- Proven experience as a Communications Officer in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Mass Communication in an NGO setting is compulsory
- Thorough knowledge of development communication will serve as an edge
- Excellent user of ICT software
- Strong attention to details and confidentiality
- First degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication or Communication Arts
The salary attached to the position is as obtained in the development sector but negotiable. Extensive travel is involved.
Method of Application
Applications which should be sent online along with detailed resume should be addressed to the Head of Administration: email@example.com not later than two weeks from the date of this advert.
ANEEJ will sign One -year employment contract in the first instance with the successful applicant, and renewable thereafter, subject to proficiency. Only candidates with requisite qualifications, experience and skills would be contacted for interview.