EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY
BASELINE STUDY TO ESTABLISH THE LEVEL OF IMPLEMENTATION OF OPEN CONTRACTING AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL AND IN EDO STATE
The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ) is currently implementing the Civil Society Advocacy to Support Anti-corruption and Rule of Law in Nigeria (CASARN) project. The project is supported by the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Programme (ROLAC), which is funded by the European Union under the 11th European Development Fund and is implemented by the British Council.
The goal of the CASARN project is to enhance governance in Nigeria by contributing to the fight against corruption, strengthen rule of law and the protection of human rights by reinforcing prevention mechanisms and enhancing civil society and public engagement in the fight against corruption.
One of the project’s objectives is to Support advocacy for the full implementation of Open Contracting Data Standard at the national level and in Edo State as part of effort to improve oversight, transparency and accountability in the management of resources.
One of the early requirements of the project is to establish a baseline evidence on the level of implementation of Open Contracting Data Standard at the national level and in Edo State.
ANEEJ seeks to engage a consultant who will work with the following ToR.
- Establish the number federal MDAs currently using the NOCOPO
- review the level of compliance by MDAs to the call circular issued by the federal government on the implementation of NOCOPO, and determine if the required information is being uploaded by the respective MDAs
- Review the involvement of CSOs in the development and use of the portal
- Examine the challenge faced by MDAs in implementing the initiative
- Propose recommendations on how to overcome identified challenges
- Appraise the successes in the use of technology to advance the implementation of other OGP commitments and reforms
- Review the extent of implementation of open contracting in Edo State and the level of CSOs involvement in the process
The consultant has a total of 20 days to deliver on the assignment, broken down as follows;
- 3 days – design the tool for the interview, identify stakeholders to be interviewed and design an interview schedule for the assignment
- 10 days – conduct interview with stakeholders in Abuja and Benin City
- 5 days – write and submit a draft report to ANEEJ
- 2 day – review draft report based on feedback from ANEEJ, respond to feedback and submit final report to ANEEJ
Milestones/deliverable for the consultancy
- Interview tool
- List of identify stakeholders to be interviewed and design and schedule for the assignment
- Draft report
- Final report
Expertise required for the Baseline Study
The consultant shall have:
- Minimum of BSc
- Minimum of five years’ experience in research, preferably with some experience in baseline data collection and on programmes or projects related to the subject matter
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively lead and interact with diverse assessment team members and programme stakeholders.
- Must understand the OGP Process in Nigeria. Membership of the procurement monitoring working group is an added advantage
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills to draft and edit reports and publications for non-academic audiences
- Detail-oriented; demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet client deadlines
- Must be able to write quality report
- Demonstrated knowledge of measuring government responsiveness and accountability towards anti-corruption indicators.
- The consultant should be willing to adopt participatory process and collaborate with the programme staff from ANEEJ in arriving at the final tool, stakeholders and interview schedule. However, analysis of data, conclusion and recommendations will rest with the consultants.
ANEEJ will enter into contract with the consultant to signal the commencement of the work which will terminate on completion of the assignment based on stated timelines.
Submission of expression of interest
The Consultant is invited to apply showing his/her competencies (CV), the plan of execution, and any other relevant information, demonstrating skill and experience in this area. This must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com not later than February 4, 2020